This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Welcome to 6th Grade!
Please bring your computer, a backpack, a notepad, and pencil/pen with you on Monday, August 31st. This day will be a mini Jumpstart to familiarize all 6th graders with Richview Middle School. Dismissal will be at 10:45. 6th grade car riders may be picked up in the front of the school.
I am looking forward to a great year!
- Respect yourself, the teacher, and others
- Respect others’ property. Avoid touching or writing on anything that does not belong to you (including desks, textbooks, teacher’s belongings, walls, chalkboard, etc.). Don’t expect that others will clean-up your messes. Please pick-up after yourself.
- Respect yourself and the rest of us by using appropriate language.
- Be a KIND person.
- Put forth your best effort at all times
- Always do your own best work.
- Put quality ahead of just getting it done.
- Be prepared for class each day
- Come prepared with all materials necessary: binder, paper, pencils, pens, planner, highlighter.
- Follow directions when given
- When directions are given, do your best to follow them the first time. If you are confused or have questions, ask.
- Pay attention, participate, and ask questions
- Engage in what is going on in the classroom. If you have a question, ask it! There are no silly questions, and chances are, if you are wondering about it, someone else in the class is too.
- Preserve a positive learning environment
- Student actions that interfere with teaching or learning in the classroom will NOT be tolerated.
- Minimize classroom interruptions by arriving to class on time and not leaving the classroom during the hour.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Take responsibility for missed assignments.
- All handbook rules will be enforced.
- If you are confronted about a rule infraction, own up to it. Don’t deny it, lie about it, or blame someone else.